Five crew members have died after a lifeboat they were in fell from a cruise ship docked in the port of Santa Cruz de la Palma in the Canary Islands.
The accident happened on the Majesty, operated by UK-based Thomson Cruises, during a routine safety drill.
Those killed include three Indonesians, a Filipino and a Ghanaian. Three people were also hurt as the boat reportedly fell more than 20m into the sea.
The MS Thomson Majesty is believed to sail under a Maltese flag.
About 2,000 people were on board the cruise ship when the accident occurred around 12:00 GMT on Sunday, local media say.
- crew members – członkowie załogi
- lifeboat – szalupa ratunkowa
- cruise ship – statek rejsowy
- docked in the port – zadokowany w porcie
- in the Canary Islands – na Wyspach Kanaryjskich
- accident – wypadek
- operated by – prowadzony przez
- during – w trakcie
- routine safety drill – rutynowe ćwiczenia z zakresu bezpieczeństwa
- reportedly – rzekomo
- to fall into the sea – spaść do morza
- to sail under a Maltese flag – pływać pod maltańską banderą
- on board – na pokładzie
- to occur – zdarzyć się
Uzupełnij newsa poznanymi słówkami.